August 13, 2011

Beauty Saturday - Lipsticks

I really like make up. I try to wear a subtle daily make up. I don't like looking like a clown or a Barbie doll. As I got a round face (I admit it, it's big!), I need some color in my face, especially eyeshadow or else I look like a big piece of chalk. As I have been focusing on my eyes for years, I was a bit reluctant to add lipstick as well. It can quickly look quite dressed up. Also, I am by no means an expert in applying lipstick and am always afraid to put stains everywhere, leaving all lipstick behind and none of it left on my lips. 


Lips


When I started reading fashion blogs, I got a bit more open towards experimenting. Since then, I have found a couple of nice shades and now I always carry a bright and a nude color in my purse.

My Lipstick collection

IMG_0474

IMG_0471

Pink tones

IMG_0477

Catrice Ultimate Color 110 "Pink me Up!"
Nivea Colour Passion Chantal Thomass LE "Rose So Lovely"
P2 Pure Color 120 "Ku'Damm"

Red tones

IMG_0479

Essence LE 50's Girls Reloaded 01 "Back to the 50's"
MAC "Russian Red"
Catrice Rouge Satin 090 "Spanish Red"

Nude tones

IMG_0483

Nivea Colour Passion 06 "Sepia"
P2 Pure Color 030 "Park Street"
P2 Pure Color 010 "Rodeo Drive"

What's your favorite lip color and do you have a lipstick you don't leave the house without?

2 comments:

Feathers & Freckles said...

I love lipstick, but as a redhead I tend to get scared of bright or flashy colors. I love a bright red lip though on brunettes!! I love how you made a collage of you with all different lip colors, that's cool to see.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Anja_AHeartandSoulStory said...

Yeah, sometimes I am scared of the colors as well. Red with red hair is difficult, but i think not impossible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...