March 11, 2017

Weather confusion

1-IMG_1803

It's that time of year again when it is not yet Spring, but also not really Winter anymore. We still got freezing cold nights, with minus degrees and a little bit of snow sometimes, but we also have warm Spring days with up to 15°C. It's really weird and dressing is a nodge more difficult that usual. As I am commuting to work every day and have about 600m altitude difference between my home and my work, I struggle a lot with this transitional weather. Therefore layering is key. I actually store a couple of things at work to make my life a little easier. I have a nice cardigan or blazer and a pretty scarf at work and also have a light pair of office shoes stored in my desk. I commute via train and just can't carry 3 layers of clothes to keep me warm and have a nice work outfit ready to wear all the time. I am lucky when it comes to dressing rules at work. As long as it is not too reveiling, I can wear it. Still, I like to dress up for work, make an efford so to say. That actually does reflect on my students. When I did go to work in Jeans and T-Shirt every day a couple of years back, my students used to dress more casual and sometimes even too casual as well. Now, I often wear skirts and dresses to work and this reflects greatly on my students. They make the efford as well, but during snow season, it is difficult to always wear a skirt. When I do wear a pair of denim trousers, I pair them with a nice blouse or shirt and a blazer or cardigan.

1-IMG_1849

What I wore

Cardigan & Scarf: Primark
Necklace: I Am
Shoes: Deichmann
Keychain: LadurĂ©e
Earrings: handmade

1-IMG_1827-tile

1-IMG_1823

1-IMG_1812

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...