November 12, 2017

60s wedding guest

1-IMG_7627

I recently was invited to my sister-in-law's wedding and decided to wear a twin piece by Lindy Bob, as it was an October wedding and I definitely wanted to wear a dress with a matching jacket. That is not an easy task when it comes to reproduction or vintage pieces. Not a lot of companies produce matching jackets to their dresses that I liked, but this Marianne Swing dress in Teal was the perfect choice. I love the fit of the dress and jacket, with a long enough hem line for my preference and the 3/4 length arms. The color is so fresh and I got a lot of compliments on my bold choice. The fabric is nice and heavy and the skirt swings well. I did wear a petticoat underneath for that extra puff, but you could wear it on its' own as well. I did want to wear light colored accessories with the look, but when the day came, the weather was really bad with a lot of rain and I didn't want to ruin my beige shoes, therefore I opted for all black accessories. These mary jane shoes are a total staple in my wardrobe and I currently own them in 5 different colors. One for every occasion, but these black ones are never a bad choice.

1-IMG_7600

1-IMG_7631

What I wore

Dress and Jacket: Lindy Bob
Headband: no name
Glasses: Metropolitan
Bag & Brooch: thrifted, vintage
Shoes: Deichmann
Tights: Esda
Watch: Skagen

1-IMG_7655-tile

1-IMG_7618

1-IMG_7659-001

1-IMG_7613

1-IMG_7652

1-IMG_7642

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...